Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 19, Number 1, Janvier 2003
|Page(s)||12 - 14|
|Section||Le Magazine : Nouvelles|
|Published online||15 January 2003|
- Berridge MJ, Downes CP, Hanley MR. Neural and developmental actions of lithium: a unifying hypothesis. Cell 1989; 59: 411–9. [Google Scholar]
- Klein PS, Melton DA. A molecular mechanism for the effect of lithium on development. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996; 93: 8455–9. [Google Scholar]
- O’Donnell T, Rotzinger S, Nakashima TT, Hanstock CC, Ulrich M, Silverstone PH. Chronic lithium and sodium valproate both decrease the concentration of myo-inositol and increase the concentration of inositol monophosphates in rat brain. Brain Res 2000; 880: 84–91. [Google Scholar]
- Phiel CJ, Zhang F, Huang EY, Guenther MG, Lazar MA, Klein PS. Histone deacetylase is a direct target of valproic acid, a potent anticonvulsant, mood stabilizer, and teratogen. J Biol Chem 2001; 276: 36734–41. [Google Scholar]
- Chen G, Zeng WZ, Yuan PX, et al. The mood-stabilizing agents lithium and valproate robustly increase the levels of the neuroprotective protein Bcl-2 in the CNS. J Neurochem 1999; 72: 879–82. [Google Scholar]
- Williams RS, Cheng L, Mudge AW, Harwood AJ. A common mechanism of action for three moodstabilizing drugs. Nature 2002; 417: 292–5. [Google Scholar]
- Williams RS, Eames M, Ryves WJ, Viggars J, Harwood AJ. Loss of a prolyl oligopeptidase confers resistance to lithium by elevation of inositol (1,4,5) trisphosphate. EMBO J 1999; 18: 2734–45. [Google Scholar]
- Toide K, Okamiya K, Iwamoto Y, Kato T. Effect of a novel prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor, JTP-4819, on prolyl endopeptidase activity and substance P- and argininevasopressin- like immunoreactivity in the brains of aged rats. J Neurochem 1995; 65: 234–40. [Google Scholar]
- Maes M, Goossens F, Scharpe S, Meltzer HY, D’Hondt P, Cosyns P. Lower serum prolyl endopeptidase enzyme activity in major depression: further evidence that peptidases play a role in the pathophysiology of depression. Biol Psychiatry 1994; 35: 545–52. [Google Scholar]
- Maes M, Goossens F, Scharpe S, Calabrese J, Desnyder R, Meltzer HY. Alterations in plasma prolyl endopeptidase activity in depression, mania, and schizophrenia: effects of antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and antipsychotic drugs. Psychiatry Res 1995; 58: 217–25. [Google Scholar]
- Schneider JS, Giardiniere M, Morain P. Effects of the prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor S 17092 on cognitive deficits in chronic low dose MPTP-treated monkeys. Neuropsychopharmacology 2002; 26: 176–82. [Google Scholar]
- Morain P, Lestage P, De Nanteuil G, et al. S 17092: a prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor as a potential therapeutic drug for memory impairment. Preclinical and clinical studies. CNS Drug Rev 2002; 8:31–52. [Google Scholar]
- Stip E, Dufresne J, Lussier I, Yatham L. A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the effects of lithium on cognition in healthy subjects: mild and selective effects on learning. J Affect Disord 2000; 60: 147–57. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.