Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 25, Number 3, Mars 2009
|Page(s)||307 - 310|
|Published online||15 March 2009|
- Prusiner SB. Novel proteinaceous infectious particles cause scrapie. Science 1982; 216 : 136–44. [Google Scholar]
- Wickner RB. [URE3] as an altered URE2 protein: evidence for a prion analog in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Science 1994; 264 : 566–9. [Google Scholar]
- Coustou V, Deleu C, Saupe S, Begueret J. The protein product of the het-s heterokaryon incompatibility gene of the fungus Podospora anserina behaves as a prion analog. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1997; 94 : 9773–8. [Google Scholar]
- Tuite MF, Cox BS. Propagation of yeast prions. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2003; 4 : 878–90. [Google Scholar]
- Ferreira PC, Ness F, Edwards SR, et al. The elimination of the yeast [PSI+] prion by guanidine hydrochloride is the result of Hsp104 inactivation. Mol Microbiol 2001; 40 : 1357–69. [Google Scholar]
- Zenthon JF, Ness F, Cox B, Tuite MF. The [PSI+] prion of Saccharomyces cerevisiae can be propagated by an Hsp104 orthologue from Candida albicans. Eukaryot Cell 2006; 5 : 217–25. [Google Scholar]
- Kryndushkin DS, Smirnov VN, Ter-Avanesyan MD, Kushnirov VV. Increased expression of Hsp40 chaperones, transcriptional factors, and ribosomal protein Rpp0 can cure yeast prions. J Biol Chem 2002; 277 : 23702–8. [Google Scholar]
- Tribouillard D, Bach S, Gug F, et al. Using budding yeast to screen for anti-prion drugs. Biotechnol J 2006; 1 : 58–67. [Google Scholar]
- Bach S, Talarek N, Andrieu T, et al. Isolation of drugs active against mammalian prions using a yeast-based screening assay. Nat Biotechnol 2003; 21 : 1075–81. [Google Scholar]
- Tribouillard-Tanvier D, Beringue V.Antihypertensive drug Guanabenz is active in vivo against both yeast and mammalian prion. PLoS ONE 2008; 3 : e1981 [Google Scholar]
- Kajava AV, Baxa U, Wickner RB, Steven AC. A model for Ure2p prion filaments and other amyloids: the parallel superpleated beta-structure. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2004; 101 : 7885–90. [Google Scholar]
- Kajava AV, Aebi U, Steven AC. The parallel superpleated beta-structure as a model for amyloid fibrils of human amylin. J Mol Biol 2005; 348 : 247–252. [Google Scholar]
- Petkova AT, Ishii Y, Balbach JJ, et al. A structural model for Alzheimer’s beta -amyloid fibrils based on experimental constraints from solid state NMR. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2002; 99 : 16742–7. [Google Scholar]
- Ritter C, Maddelein ML, Siemer AB, et al. Correlation of structural elements and infectivity of the HET-s prion. Nature. 2005; 435 : 844–8. [Google Scholar]
- Govaerts C, Wille H, Prusiner SB, Cohen FE. Evidence for assembly of prions with left-handed beta-helices into trimers. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2004; 101 : 8342–7. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.