Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 24, Number 12, Décembre 2008
|Page(s)||1096 - 1098|
|Published online||15 December 2008|
- Poirier P, Giles TD, Bray GA, et al. Obesity and cardiovascular disease: pathophysiology, evaluation, and effect of weight loss: an update of the 1997 American heart association scientific statement on obesity and heart disease from the Obesity committee of the council on nutrition, physical activity, and metabolism. Circulation 2006; 113 : 898–918.2. [Google Scholar]
- Romero-Corral A, Somers VK, Sierra-Johnson J, et al. Diagnostic performance of body mass index to detect obesity in patients with coronary artery disease. Eur Heart J 2007; 28 : 2087–93. [Google Scholar]
- Romero-Corral A, Montori VM, Somers VK, et al. Association of bodyweight with total mortality and with cardiovascular events in coronary artery disease: a systematic review of cohort studies. Lancet 2006; 368 : 666–78. [Google Scholar]
- Bigaard J, Tjonneland A, Thomsen BL, et al. Waist circumference, BMI, smoking and mortality in middle-aged men and women. Obes Res 2003; 11 : 895–903. [Google Scholar]
- Kanaya AM, Vittinghoff E, Shlipak MG, et al. Association of total and central obesity with mortality in postmenopausal women with coronary heart disease. Am J Epidemiol 2003; 158 : 1161–70. [Google Scholar]
- Rexrode KM, Carey VJ, Hennekens CH, et al. Abdominal adiposity and coronary heart disease in women. JAMA 1998; 280 : 1843–8. [Google Scholar]
- Oppert JM, Charles MA, Thibault N, et al. Anthropometric estimates of muscle and fat mass in relation to cardiac and cancer mortality in men: the Paris prospective study. Am J Clin Nutr 2002; 75 : 1107–13. [Google Scholar]
- Price GM, Uauy R, Breeze E, et al. Weight, shape, and mortality risk in older persons: elevated waist-hip ratio, not high body mass index, is associated with a greater risk of death. Am J Clin Nutr 2006; 84 : 449–60. [Google Scholar]
- Janssen I, Katzmarzyk PT, Ross R. Body mass index is inversely related to mortality in older people after adjustment for waist circumference. J Am Geriatr Soc 2005; 53 : 2112–8. [Google Scholar]
- Yusuf S, Hawken S, Ounpuu S, et al. Obesity and the risk of myocardial infarction in 27,000 participants from 52 countries: a case-control study. Lancet 2005; 366 : 1640–9. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.