Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 22, Number 4, Avril 2006
|Page(s)||356 - 357|
|Published online||15 April 2006|
- Siesjö BK. Brain energy metabolism. New York : Wiley, 1978. [Google Scholar]
- Fox PT, Raichle ME. Focal physiological uncoupling of cerebral blood flow and oxidative metabolism during somatosensory stimulation in human subjects. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1986; 83 : 1140–4. [Google Scholar]
- Prichard J, Rothman D, Novotny E, et al. Lactate rise detected by 1H NMR in human visual cortex during physiologic stimulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1991; 88 : 5829–31. [Google Scholar]
- Pellerin L, Magistretti PJ. Glutamate uptake into astrocytes stimulates aerobic glycolysis : a mechanism coupling neuronal activity to glucose utilization. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1994; 91 : 10625–9. [Google Scholar]
- Dienel GA, Cruz NF. Nutrition during brain activation : does cell-to-cell lactate shuttling contribute significantly to sweet and sour food for thought ? Neurochem Int 2004; 45 : 321–51. [Google Scholar]
- Aubert A, Costalat R. Interaction between astrocytes and neurons studied using a mathematical model of compartmentalized energy metabolism. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2005; 25 : 1476–90. [Google Scholar]
- Aubert A, Costalat R, Magistretti PJ, Pellerin L. Brain lactate kinetics : modeling evidence for neuronal lactate uptake upon activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2005; 102 : 16448–53. [Google Scholar]
- Hu Y, Wilson GS. A temporary local energy pool coupled to neuronal activity : fluctuations of extracellular lactate levels in rat brain monitored with rapid-response enzyme-based sensor. J Neurochem 1997; 69 : 1484–90. [Google Scholar]
- Mangia S, Garreffa G, Bianciardi M, et al. The aerobic brain : lactate decrease at the onset of neural activity. Neuroscience 2003; 118 : 7–10. [Google Scholar]
- Porras OH, Loaiza A, Barros LF. Glutamate mediates acute glucose transport inhibition in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci 2004; 24 : 9669–73. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.