Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 26, Number 1, Janvier 2010
|Page(s)||33 - 36|
|Published online||15 January 2010|
- Huang S, Czech MP. The GLUT4 glucose transporter. Cell Metab 2007; 5 : 237–52. [Google Scholar]
- Savage DB, Petersen KF, Shulman GI. Disordered lipid metabolism and the pathogenesis of insulin resistance. Physiol Rev 2007; 87 : 507–20. [Google Scholar]
- Shepherd PR, Kahn BB. Glucose transporters and insulin action--implications for insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med 1999; 341 : 248–57. [Google Scholar]
- Antonescu CN, Diaz M, Femia G, Planas JV, Klip A. Clathrin-dependent and independent endocytosis of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) in myoblasts: regulation by mitochondrial uncoupling. Traffic (Copenhagen, Denmark) 2008; 9 : 1173–90. [Google Scholar]
- Liu S-H, Towler MC, Chen E, et al. A novel clathrin homolog that co-distributes with cytoskeletal components functions in the trans-Golgi network. EMBO J 2001; 20 : 272–84. [Google Scholar]
- Wakeham DE, Abi-Rached L, Towler MC, et al. Clathrin heavy and light chain isoforms originated by independent mechanisms of gene duplication during chordate evolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2005; 102 : 7209–14. [Google Scholar]
- Garvey WT, Maianu L, Zhu JH, et al. Evidence for defects in the trafficking and translocation of GLUT4 glucose transporters in skeletal muscle as a cause of human insulin resistance. J Clin Invest 1998; 101 : 2377–86. [Google Scholar]
- Maianu L, Keller SR, Garvey WT. Adipocytes exhibit abnormal subcellular distribution and translocation of vesicles containing glucose transporter 4 and insulin-regulated aminopeptidase in type 2 diabetes mellitus: implications regarding defects in vesicle trafficking. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86 : 5450–6. [Google Scholar]
- Chen HS, Jia J, Su HF, et al. Downregulation of the constitutively expressed Hsc70 in diabetic myocardium is mediated by insulin deficiency. J Endocrinol 2006; 190 : 433–40. [Google Scholar]
- Bryant NJ, Govers R, James DE. Regulated transport of the glucose transporter GLUT4. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2002; 3 : 267–77. [Google Scholar]
- Blot V, McGraw TE. Molecular mechanisms controlling GLUT4 intracellular retention. Mol Biol Cell 2008; 19 : 3477–87. [Google Scholar]
- Michael MD, Kulkarni RN, Postic C, et al. Loss of insulin signaling in hepatocytes leads to severe insulin resistance and progressive hepatic dysfunction. Mol Cell 2000; 6 : 87–97. [Google Scholar]
- Fazakerley DJ, Lawrence SP, Lizunov VA, Cushman SW, Holman GD. A common trafficking route for GLUT4 in cardiomyocytes in response to insulin, contraction and energy-status signalling. J Cell Sci 2009; 122 : 727–34. [Google Scholar]
- Manel N, Kinet S, Kim FJ, et al. GLUT-1 is the receptor of retrovirus HTLV. Med Sci (Paris) 2004; 20 : 277–9. [Google Scholar]
- Tareste D. Energy of the SNAREpin machinery for membrane fusion. Med Sci (Paris) 2008; 24 : 142–3. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.