Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 21, Number 6-7, Juin–Juillet 2005
|Page(s)||655 - 657|
|Published online||15 June 2005|
- Everett LA, Glaser B, Beck JC, et al. Pendred syndrome is caused by mutations in a putative sulphate transporter gene (PDS). Nat Genet 1997; 17 : 411–22. [Google Scholar]
- Scott DA, Wang R, Kreman TM, et al. The Pendred syndrome gene encodes a chloride-iodide transport protein. Nat Genet 1999; 21 : 440–3. [Google Scholar]
- Royaux IE, Suzuki K, Mori A, et al. Pendrin, the protein encoded by the Pendred syndrome gene (PDS), is an apical porter of iodide in the thyroid and is regulated by thyroglobulin in FRTL-5 cells. Endocrinology 2000; 141 : 839–45. [Google Scholar]
- Royaux IE, Wall SM, Karniski LP, et al. Pendrin, encoded by the Pendred syndrome gene, resides in the apical region of renal intercalated cells and mediates bicarbonate secretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2001; 98 : 4221–6. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Awqati Q, Vijayakumar S, Takito J, et al. Terminal differentiation in epithelia : the Hensin pathway in intercalated cells. Semin Nephrol 1999; 19 : 415–20. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Awqati Q, Vijayakumar S, Takito J, et al. Phenotypic plasticity and terminal differentiation of the intercalated cell : the hensin pathway. Exp Nephrol 2000; 8 : 66–71. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Awqati Q, Vijayakumar S, Takito J. Terminal differentiation of epithelia. Biol Chem 2003; 384 : 1255–8. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Awqati Q, Vijayakumar S, Takito J. Terminal differentiation of epithelia from trophectoderm to the intercalated cell : The role of hensin. J Am Soc Nephrol 2003; 14 (suppl 1) : S16–21. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Awqati Q. Terminal differentiation of intercalated cells : The role of hensin. Annu Rev Physiol 2003; 65 : 567–83. [Google Scholar]
- Schwartz GJ, Tsuruoka S, Vijayakumar S, et al. Acid incubation reverses the polarity of intercalated cell transporters, an effect mediated by hensin. J Clin Invest 2002; 109 : 89–99. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Awqati Q, Schwartz GJ. A fork in the road of cell differentiation in the kidney tubule. J Clin Invest 2004; 113 : 1528–30. [Google Scholar]
- Blomqvist SR, Vidarsson H, Fitzgerald S, et al. Distal renal tubular acidosis in mice that lack the forkhead transcription factor Foxi1. J Clin Invest 2004; 113 : 1560–70. [Google Scholar]
- Takito J, Al-Awqati Q. Conversion of ES cells to columnar epithelia by hensin and to squamous epithelia by laminin. J Cell Biol 2004; 166 : 1093–102. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.