- Wilson CB. Immunologic basis for increased susceptibility of the neonate to infection. J Pediatr 1986; 108 : 1–12.
- Siegrist CA. Vaccination in the neonatal period and early infancy. Int Rev Immunol 2000; 19 : 195–219.
- Billingham RE, Brent L, Medawar PB. Actively acquired tolerance of foreign cells. Nature 1953; 172 : 603–6.
- Nossal GJ, Pike BL. Functional clonal deletion in immunological tolerance to major histocompatibility complex antigens. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1981; 78 : 3844–7.
- Feng HM, Glasebrook AL, Engers HD, Louis JA. Clonal analysis of T cell unresponsiveness to alloantigens induced by neonatal injection of F1 spleen cells into parental mice. J Immunol 1983; 131 : 2165–9.
- Powell TJ, Streilein JW. Neonatal tolerance induction by class II alloantigens activates IL-4-secreting, tolerogen-responsive T cells. J Immunol 1990; 144 : 854–9.
- Schurmans S, Heusser CH, Qin HY, et al. In vivo effects of anti-IL-4 monoclonal antibody on neonatal induction of tolerance and on an associated autoimmune syndrome. J Immunol 1990; 145 : 2465–73.
- Abramowicz D, Doutrelepont JM, Lambert P, Bruyns C, Goldman M. Increased expression of Ia antigens on B cells after neonatal induction of lymphoid chimerism in mice : role of interleukin 4. Eur J Immunol 1990; 20 : 469–76.
- Barrios C, Brawand P, Berney M, et al. Neonatal and early life immune responses to various forms of vaccine antigens qualitatively differ from adult responses : predominance of a Th2-biased pattern which persists after adult boosting. Eur J Immunol 1996; 26 : 1489–96.
- Sarzotti M, Robbins DS, Hoffman PM. Induction of protective CTL responses in newborn mice by a murine retrovirus. Science 1996; 271 : 1726–8.
- Adkins B. T-cell function in newborn mice and humans. Immunol Today 1999; 20 : 330–5.
- Flamand V, Donckier V, Demoor FX, et al. CD40 ligation prevents neonatal induction of transplantation tolerance. J Immunol 1998; 160 : 4666–9.
- Donckier V, Flamand V, Desalle F, et al. IL-12 prevents neonatal induction of transplantation tolerance in mice. Eur J Immunol 1998; 28 : 1426–30.
- Kovarik J, Bozzotti P, Love-Homan L, et al. CpG oligodeoxynucleotides can circumvent the Th2 polarization of neonatal responses to vaccines but may fail to fully redirect Th2 responses established by neonatal priming. J Immunol 1999; 162 : 1611–7.
- Martinez X, Brandt C, Saddallah F, et al. DNA immunization circumvents deficient induction of T helper type 1 and cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses in neonates and during early life. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1997; 94 : 8726–31.
- Ridge JP, Fuchs EJ F, Matzinger P. Neonatal Tolerance Revisited : Turning on Newborn T Cells with Dendritic Cells. Science 1996; 271 : 1723–6.
- Qureshi MH, Garvy BA. Neonatal T cells in an adult lung environment are competent to resolve Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. J Immunol 2001; 166 : 5704–11.
- Wilson CB, Westall J, Johnston L, et al. Decreased production of interferon-gamma by human neonatal cells. Intrinsic and regulatory deficiencies. J Clin Invest 1986; 77 : 860–7.
- Melvin AJ, McGurn ME, Bort SJ, Gibson C, Lewis DB. Hypomethylation of the interferon-gamma gene correlates with its expression by primary T-lineage cells. Eur J Immunol 1995; 25 : 426–30.
- Hassan J , Reen DJ. Cord blood CD4+ CD45RA+ T cells achieve a lower magnitude of activation when compared with their adult counterparts. Immunology 1997; 90 : 397–401.
- Durandy A, De Saint B, Lisowska-Grospierre B, et al. Undetectable CD40 ligand expression on T cells and low B cell responses to CD40 binding agonists in human newborns. J Immunol 1995; 154 : 1560–8.
- Delespesse G, Yang LP, Ohshima Y, et al. Maturation of human neonatal CD4+ and CD8+ T lymphocytes into Th1/Th2 effectors. Vaccine 1998; 16 : 1415–9.
- Hunt DW, Huppertz HI, Jiang HJ, Petty RE. Studies of human cord blood dendritic cells : evidence for functional immaturity. Blood 1994; 84 : 4333–43.
- Goriely S, Vincart B, Stordeur P, et al. Deficient IL-12(p35) gene expression by dendritic cells derived from neonatal monocytes. J Immunol 2001; 166 : 2141–6.
- Lee SM, Suen Y, Chang L, et al. Decreased interleukin-12 (IL-12) from activated cord versus adult peripheral blood mononuclear cells and upregulation of interferongamma, natural killer, and lymphokine-activated killer activity by IL-12 in cord blood mononuclear cells. Blood 1996; 88 : 945–54.
- Marchant A, Goetghebuer T, Ota MO, et al. Newborns develop a Th1-type immune response to Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccination. J Immunol 1999; 163 : 2249–55.
- Vekemans J, Amedei A, Ota MO, et al. Neonatal bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccination induces adult-like IFN-gamma production by CD4+ T lymphocytes. Eur J Immunol 2001; 31 : 1531–5.
Med Sci (Paris)
Volume 17, Numéro 12, Décembre 2001
|Page(s)||1337 - 1341|
|Publié en ligne||15 décembre 2001|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.